Friday, February 26th

Our weakness; God's power

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - Written by Rhonda Cowan

 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships,persecutions, and calamities, For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I received a text from Doug asking if I would write a daily devotional for church. My response was, ME, you obviously accidentally texted me! He said, no, I sent it on purpose. 

With my heart pounding out of my chest, I can't make an excuse or lie to the pastor, so I said I would try. Doug sends me the verse. "Our weakness"...REALLY!  Now I'm facing one of mine head on. I'm feeling overwhelmed, unworthy, inadequate, anxious.... Then I read the verse again, this time hearing it. "His grace is sufficient for me." When I am weak (in human strength)  then I am strong (truly able, truly powerful, truly drawing from God's strength) (AMP).

The Apostle Paul was open about his weaknesses. He knew that in his human weakness Christ's power is perfectly strong.

This verse was meant for me. We all have weaknesses and I acknowledge I have many, which makes my God all the more powerful in my life. It's hard to talk about them, the world tell us not to show them, BUT GOD knows each one and is most glorified in our weakness.

How has God shown Himself through one of your weaknesses?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog