Lent 2021 - TURNING POINT

Saturday, March 20th

The Hour Has Come, John 1 - Written by Ben Kraihanzel

Read John 13.

“Now before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come that He should depart from this world to the Father, having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.”  John 13:1

Anticipation. I have been anticipating this day for my entire life, my wedding day (3/20/21). The proposal, the planning, the payments, the stress.  All of it has come to this day, this moment, this hour.  The hour has come where I lay down my old life and begin my new life as a husband.

Jesus also anticipated an hour, the hour that he would lay down his life so all of us can have new life.  Jesus lived his entire life in anticipation of the hour when his public earthly ministry will be over and he will hang on the cross. The cross is not specifically mentioned in the opening verses of John 13, but casts a shadow over every word.

As we move into the final days of the Lenten season, I can’t help but wonder where the shadow of the cross has been cast over your life and mine. As you stand in the shadow of the cross, what areas of your life are you anticipating that you may need to hand over to the one hanging on the cross?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog