Tuesday, February 23rd

Genuine Humility, Matthew 6:1 - Written by Sue Measel

 

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.  Matthew 6:1

Look at me!! Look at what I’ve done!   We have become so self-absorbed in our culture today.  We take selfies; post on Facebook, Instagram, etc; we give out trophies and awards that aren’t based on merit.  You get it!

But Jesus…not sure that He would do selfies, or post on social media about His miracles!  Look!  I healed blind a man; Look what I did to the Red Sea!   No, Jesus came to serve; to give and to love. He gave until there was nothing to give… to death. He laid down His life for us. That was His purpose. The King of Kings in the most noble of positions but chose to wash feet that He may be the humblest of servants. 

Are we humble to serve? Or are we full of self?  Let us empty ourselves so that not I who lives, but Christ who lives in me.  Let us pray that we may be One with Him.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog