Lent 2021 - TURNING POINT

Tuesday, March 23rd

Remembrance, 1 Corinthians 11:24 - Written by Lori Buckner

And when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat.  This is my body, which is broken for you.  Do this to call Me [affectionately] to remembrance.”  1 Corinthians 11:24 (AMP)

After reading this passage I had to ask myself how many times have I heard this verse and really considered what it would mean to truly remember.  To affectionately remember what Jesus did for us.  We hear it every Communion Sunday, some churches, every Sunday.  The question I ask myself is “Do I really consider the reasons I should remember?”

When I think of what Jesus did for not just my brokenness and sin, but for all people... that His body was literally beaten, broken and nailed on a cross to die...then I must bring this to remembrance every day, not just during communion.  Communion gives us a physical as well as visual reminder of the extreme, redemptive love of Christ.  

We should remember every day what Jesus did for us, so we can live a victorious life here and look forward to life with Him in heaven.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog