Lent 2021 - TURNING POINT

Friday, March 26th

Arrested, Matthew 26:36-56 -Written by Marilyn LeFevre

 

“He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”  Matthew 26:39 

Read Matthew 26:36-56.

In the garden, Jesus experienced ever emotion we can think of, and more, yet He told His Father, “Your will, not mine.” Darkness surrounded Jesus, not just the darkness of the night, but the darkness He felt within. That darkness included not only knowing the physical agony that was ahead, but the agony of being separated from His Father.  In His grief, Jesus prayed to His Father, “If it is possible. . . . but no.”

Jesus was arrested.  He was sentenced to a brutal death on a cross, not because the lawmakers had control, but because He was gripped by love, obedience, and surrender to His Father.

Jesus calls us into the same love relationship He has with His Father.  He says, “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love.”  John 15:9

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog