Lent 2021 - TURNING POINT

Monday, March 15th

Saved, Romans 10:9-10 -Written by Mason Strawderman

“Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”   Romans 10:9-10

Belief and confession.  That’s all it takes.  But what does that really mean?  Beliefs shape how we live.  If I believe in my heart that Jesus is the risen Lord, the incarnation of the Creator, that should certainly shape something about how I’m living:  what I spend my time doing, how I move towards others, the disposition of my soul.  What I truly believe in my heart will always come out in the way I live my life.  What about confession then?  Jesus tells us that “out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.”

(Luke 6:45a)  Paul tells us that to be a Christian is to be so filled up with this
conviction that it pours out of our mouths and flows out of our lives.  This is our part
in salvation:  to believe Jesus died and rose again, and to let that reality change our lives for eternity.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog