Lent 2021 - TURNING POINT

Monday, March 8th

Go and Tell, John 20:17 -Written by Becca Strawderman

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”   John 20:17

Go and tell! As Mary Magdalene tries to cling to her newly resurrected savior, she is sent to go and tell the disciples of Jesus’ imminent ascension.  There is no time to waste when it comes to spreading the
Gospel message.  The good news of Christ is not something that we should keep hidden in the company of other Christians.  There are people in the world who may never get another opportunity to hear about their Savior if we do not take our mission seriously.  We must share the joy and good news of Jesus’ resurrection with others so they too can rejoice over our Risen King.

As Mary Magdalene was called to “go and tell,” I challenge you to do the same.  Who is someone in your life that has not heard the good news of the resurrection of Christ? How can you share the resurrection story with others?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog