Lent 2021 - TURNING POINT

Saturday, March 13th

Above All
Psalm 110:1; Daniel 7:13  - Written by Kathy Bieber

The Lord says to my lord:  “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”  Psalm 110:1

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.” 
Daniel 7:13

I was at Sharptown Church the first time I heard the song, “Sing to the King Who is Coming to Reign.”  I was moved to tears when I heard our congregation singing with jubilation “Satan is Vanquished and Jesus is King.”

As we prepare our hearts and spirits for the Lenten season, I have thought about the kind of death that Jesus had to endure in order to make the above chorus ring true. Jesus’ death was filled with unspeakable pain, betrayal and torture…. And above all, the only true sacrifice for us.

Both the Psalmist and Daniel write a beautiful picture of the aftermath of the darkest day.

Once Jesus conquered the enemy at Calvary, He ascended into heaven where He sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. This place, next to our Lord, is a place of power and authority – but also a place where Jesus sought rest after slaying the enemy – and a place where He waits quietly until the time comes for Him to return for us.

For his returning we watch and we pray
We will be ready the dawn of that day
We'll join in singing with all the redeemed
Satan is vanquished and Jesus is King

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog