Lent 2021 - TURNING POINT

Thursday, March 4th

Following the Rules?, Mark 7:7-9 -Written by Patty Livesay

 

7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.” And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions.  Mark 7:7-9

 Every year I have been super blessed to have my whole family come and gather at our home for Christmas.  I have three daughters and they all live in different areas.  Angela lives the closest in Camden, Kimberly and her husband in Oregon, and then my oldest Christina, husband and our grandchildren in El Salvador.  Kiwi, our granddaughter, has spent her Christmases here with us for her 6 years of life.  That is until this year.  I was devastated.  The pandemic came with a bang leaving us with a great change of my "human traditions"  and only Angela could make the trip home for Christmas!  I was crushed!  I cried until I had no tears!  My Bible Study girls were there for me (thank goodness) and my husband was a great help to me.  I finally looked into my heart and I saw that my Savior was there and I could make this a special day all about Him.  Not just reading the Luke 2 story of His birth and saying a prayer, but by spending time in the Word and by spending time on my knees thanking Him for who He is and all that He has given me in my life.  As we are in the Lent season and once again I will be without my family, I can look forward to again spending time on what these holidays are really about… setting aside my "human traditions" once again and to Praise and Worship our Savior and growing in my faith.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog